Tuesday, 6 October 2015

Digipak Mockup

From the shoot on 6/10 i decided to begin making some mock-up of digipak front covers and back covers.




I used a different font that I usually used. This font is a lot more professional looking and also a very serious vibe which is done for a lot of CDS in the indie rock genre

I like this cover the most as it is very simplistic and still keeps the bands image up. The symbolism of using the four leaf clover shows it as their symbol across all their media products. It was the 3rd attempt at a front cover. 

I used the titles from biffy clyros album 'opposites'. I also used the barcode off google and when we create an actual digipak we will change it. I thought the effect of the band looking back was a good idea however when i actually did it it does look quite tacky and cheap. 

I decided to go more simplistic with lowering the size of the stroke to 1 instead of 3, this gives it a sharper effect and a better look in my opinion. The logo in the corner refers back to the band which is why i added it so it doesn't look too plain. I decided on doing the stereotypical song names down the middle which is done with a lot of Digipaks.
For this one i thought it looked quite tacky as well and not very professional. I think overall i like the simplistic designed ones more than anything but i think i need to speak with my group about adding colour maybe to the paks or something to stand out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment