Thursday, 19 November 2015

Gif Making

For the about pages we decided to create gifs. Since i know how to do this using photoshop i took control:

I used final cut express to cut the clips that i wanted of the band for the gifs i then exported them using quick time conversion, I also slowed each clip down to 50% so it's slower and not as snappy as some gifs can be.
Using import video frames to layers in Photoshop and setting the workshop to animation i can easily edit the small clip and the gif.
I put all the frames into a group and changed the run time to no delay for a smooth motion. I then edited the vibrance, brightness, and levels of the clip and then added the text. 


Making the image smaller makes it easier to export and run. I changed all the clips to 600 width (with varying heights)

Exporting it using Save for web i kept the colours to max to have the full effect of the gif and i set the looping options to forever to have a continuous loop through. The black and white also made it easier to export as the colours were not affecting it. In the end i made the gifs for the website about pages and for the tumblr. 
View: 


No comments:

Post a Comment